At your Phase 2 workshop you will be sharing ideas with your professional mentors in order to develop your final submission. We highly recommend you prepare for these sessions to gain the most from these senior industry professionals.
There are a few rules to your final submission so please keep in mind the following:
- The ten-pager must be submitted in English/French
- Maximum 5000 words and no more than ten pages
- A maximum of five supplementary pages of appendices (images, bibliography) are permitted
- Do not include your names or personally identifiable information in your submission
- Colour, images and other creative devices are permitted, should you wish to use them
Submitting your 10-pager
Your 10-pager must be submitted by 23:59 BST on Sunday 19th April 2020, to
Failure to do this may result in your paper being discounted
Below are the key themes and questions that the judges will be marking your 10-page paper against. Questions 2 - 8 will be used to produce a mark for your paper, weighted by the percentages given in brackets. Questions 1 and 9 are general Yes/No questions, which will be used should papers be unable to be differentiated via Questions 2 - 8.
1. Answering the Question: Does the start-up proposal answer the question? We are seeking start-ups that will disrupt the low-carbon energy economy. How does your start-up disrupt and positively impact the low-carbon energy industry, whether it be locally, nationally or across the Channel/la Manche.
2. Innovation and Disruption (40%): Provide a summary of your start-up, degree of innovation and application. Remember that innovation is not just the development of new technologies, finding novel applications for existing technology demonstrates just as much innovation. Challenging the way we interact with current technology would also be classed as innovation.
3. Technology Plan (10%): Describe the technologies you will use and how they will be integrated. Include a full technology plan, demonstrating its technical feasibility and detail how you will test and implement the technology.
4. Team and Resources (10%): Describe the required skillsets and resources that will be needed to deliver a successful project.
5. Project Management (10%): Describe your approach to project management, Intellectual Property Rights and risk.
6. Costs and Value for Money (10%): Show how you demonstrate clear value for money, providing estimated cost breakdowns and major milestones.
7. Route to Market and Exploitation (10%): Describe your target market, likely market share, exploitation and future financing plans.
8. Writing and Presentation (10%): Well written submission that is visually appealing.
9. Recommendation: Would you recommend this project for funding?